Virtual advising appointments are available weekly for non-traditional students. To request a virtual advising appointment via WebEx, please email Shelley Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org with at least 3 of dates and time you are available.
If you are an Online BBA program student, schedule an appointment online. If you have problems schedule an appointment online, please email Ms. Shelley Hunter at email@example.com to schedule a virtual advising appointment.
Also known as on-line advising, virtual advising is provided via WebEx, a web-based conferencing software. You are not required to set up a WebEx Account to engage in the meeting.
Shortly before your scheduled appointment, you will receive an e-mail instructing you on how to join the meeting. Please note that the e-mail will be sent to your Temple University e-mail address. You can choose to use your webcam or a toll-free phone number to communicate with the virtual advisor.
Learn how to use WebEx by clicking here or view the tutorial below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I schedule a virtual advising appointment?
- To request a virtual advising appointment via WebEx, please email Shelley Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I virtually connect with the virtual advisor?
- Shortly before your scheduled appointment, you will receive e-mailed instructions on how to join the meeting. Please note that the e-mail will be sent to your Temple University e-mail address.
- How can I obtain a copy of my evaluation sheet?
- Your evaluation sheet will be e-mailed to you during or after your virtual advising session.
- How long is the virtual advising session?
- Your virtual advising session is scheduled for 30 minutes, please be ready to begin the session promptly. In consideration of other students, your session will be shortened due to lateness. We are not able to exceed our time slots as virtual advising sessions are scheduled back-to-back.
- What if I do not own a webcam?
- You do not need a webcam to communicate with the virtual advisor, however, a web connection is required. You can use your PC, laptop microphone or telephone call-in number (provided when logging into WebEx). Follow the instructions in the e-mail and you will be asked which method you prefer
- To learn more about WebEx, please visit Temple’s Computer Services website.